Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Philosophy of Giftedness, Part 2

The finger paint I did not want the teacher to put up because it was not as good as the other kids’
The book report I never turned in because the book was below my level, my mother said
The time at recess when I didn’t want to play the game and said I did not understand the rules
The forts I used to build with sheets and furniture at my house
The time I used a baseball bat to make my Tonka truck more authentic and it made my mother think I was angry when I was just trying to make it look cool
The time I fell asleep when I wasn’t sleepy at all
The science fair project turned in and won
The time I made a sculpture and then sabotaged it
The time I laughed at one of my friends when he gave the correct answer and he never talked to me again
The time I smoked, coughed and choked, then smoked again for six years
The library book I never turned in because it was so overdue that I just knew they would yell at me
The poem I submitted to the Scholastic publisher who was looking for student work
The autographed, personally autographed, book by my favorite author when he looked me in the eye and said thanks for coming
The trinket from my grandmother’s funeral, three monkeys who hear, see, and speak no evil
The broken glass from when my sister was arguing with my father and I knew what they were trying to say to each other even though they didn’t have a clue
The idea in my head for the painting I’ll never paint because I don’t know how to paint but that doesn’t stop me anyway
The book I’ll never write because every time I start to write it, all the ideas come crashing down and I lose focus of the end
The job I got working as a delivery boy but the boss kept inviting me to the meetings and now the company I own that makes the products I see in my dreams
The bank account that grows, but never makes me happy
The childhood I missed because I was too busy being dumb and smart at the same time

No comments:

Post a Comment